It’s a double post day today as I’ve also been nominated for The Liebster Award tag by Zoe from No Light Without Darkness! The basic premise with this tag is you answer the 11 questions set by your nominator, create 11 new questions and nominate 11 more people. This one seems tricky as I’m not the most creative when it comes to thinking of questions and answers like this but we’ll give it a go!
1. Why did you start blogging?
A few of friends have started blogs and YouTube channels and it made me really want to get back into blogging again. I’ve been taking the summer off work so I thought, why not give it a go? I really enjoy writing and it’s such a wonderful feeling to write an advice post and receive a comment from someone saying that they genuinely found it helpful.
2. What’s one skill you want to learn?
I’d love to learn to play a musical instrument, the piano would be amazing! I’ve tried and failed in the past to learn the guitar but I just don’t have the patience for it. Maybe when I retire!
3. If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why?
I’ve seen this question asked a lot before but I’ve never really given it much thought. My favourite superhero is Spiderman but I’m not sure I’d like to be him! As long as I have the ability to fly I think I’d be happy as any superhero!
4. What’s your favourite quote?
I’ll be honest and say I’m not the biggest fan of inspirational quotes but there is one that comes to mind: “If you can’t change something, change your attitude to it”. I think this is such a worthwhile quote to keep in mind, especially for those of use that struggle with anxiety and other mental health issues.
5. If you could change anything about yourself or your life, what would you change and why?
I’d like to be less of a worrier! It’s definitely easier said than done but one of my main focuses right now is to stay mindful for as much of the day as I possibly can because if not my worries seem to spiral out of control! Otherwise, moving to New Zealand wouldn’t be too bad!
6. What have you enjoyed most about the blogging experience?
The blogging community is by far the best thing about the being a blogger. People leave such lovely and supportive comments on blog posts and there are so many Twitter accounts now that run chats where you can get to know other bloggers who write about similar things.
7. What’s your biggest regret in life?
I don’t like to think that I have any regrets but there are a few things I wish had gone differently. I dropped out of university at the end of my second year as I just wasn’t in the right frame of mind for it. I always wonder if I had taken a gap year, or dropped out sooner and then started again when I felt better, things might have turned out differently!
8. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would you do?
Depending on how much money I won, I’d definitely like to buy myself a house in cash. Avoiding a mortgage would be amazing! I’d also probably take my family and friends on holiday to places I know they’d love to visit and then save up the rest.
9. What’s your favourite post you’ve written, and why?
I really enjoyed writing my first post, ‘How to Find a Job Fast With Little Compromise’, as I had first hand experience with looking to find a job as quickly as possible and wanted to share my tips with other people in the same situation.
10. What’s one thing you could you couldn’t live without?
My blanket! I love snuggling up under it all year round but especially in the depths of Winter with a cup of hot chocolate and a good TV show.
11. Who inspires you the most?
My mother is a big inspiration of mine. She’s a very independent lady and she’s always out doing different things and meeting up with friends. I definitely didn’t inherit her sociable trait!
- Eni’s Struggling Student Survival Guide
- Working it Out
- Copper Crown
- United As One Voice
- Mangled Flowers
- A Spoonful of Evie
- Nefarious Noms
- Your Time
- Confessions of a 20 Year Old
- Diary of An Introvert
- Whispers of Bliss
- Which blog is your favourite to read at the moment?
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- What is your greatest achievement so far?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- What is your favourite place that you have visited?
- What’s the most useless talent you have?
- Who would play you in a movie of your life?
- What is your favourite movie from childhood?
- What is your favourite dish and why?
- What is one piece of advice you wish you had been told 10 years ago?
- If you had to switch careers now, what would you do?
Make sure you let everyone know that you’ve nominated them and if you drop a comment below once you’ve written your posts, I’d love to read your answers!